Ocean cruising and River cruising; two totally different experiences, right? Celebrity Cruises has recently announced that they will be partnering with Amras Cruises, a Boston-based company, to create a combination ocean and river cruise package. Amras Cruises represents Amadeus by Luftner Cruises in the North American market. Amadeus by Luftner Cruises is an Austrian company. Though the company is well-known in Europe, it has worked at breaking into the North American market throughout the past couple of years. The partnership with Celebrity Cruises just might be a win-win for everyone.
In a recent Facebook post by Celebrity Cruises, the company stated that they launched a unique vacation pairing ocean cruises with river cruises vacation packages, thus creating “Celebrity Explorations”. They unveiled 11 new river-and-ocean packages in Europe, combining ocean cruising around the Mediterranean, Scandinavia, Russia and Turkey, to name a few; with river cruising on the Danube, Rhine, Rhone and Seine.
Itineraries include a 16 night “Southern France Sonata with Greece & Turkey”, departing July 2, 2015, including a 7 night river cruise on the Amadeus Symphony through Southern France, combined with 2 nights in Athens and a 7 night Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Equinox.
Another offering is a 23 night “Classical Rhine with Caribbean Trans-Atlantic”, departing October 15, 2015, and includes a 7 night cruise on the Amadeus Silver to Amsterdam, Cologne and Strasbourg, followed by an overnight in Rome before a trans-Atlantic crossing onboard the Celebrity Reflection, stopping in Caribbean Islands before arriving in Miami.
Celebrity Explorations river-ocean cruise packages range from 16 to 24 nights, and include:
- 7 night Amras Cruises river cruise, with gourmet dining; select beverages, featuring regional wine and beer; fully guided tours; and more
- Dedicated Celebrity Cruises Destination Concierge for personalized river cruise experience
- Flights within Europe to a major European city near the ocean cruise port.
- One or two nights in a luxury hotel before embarking on the ocean cruise
- Convenient transfers from the airport to the hotel and ocean cruise port
- Traditional Celebrity Ocean Cruise from European ports
- Celebrity Cruises Classic Beverage Package, including wines and spirits
Prices start at around $7,500 per person. This might sound a bit pricey, but when you take into consideration the all-inclusive features, this new and unusual marriage of ocean-river cruise combo package may be attractive to some who want a new take on the traditional cruising.
For more information on Celebrity’s new partnership visit Celebrity’s website